According to National Crime Records Bureau in India, a sexual assault occurs in every minute. People reads about this in newspaper but there is no improvement for safety.
Five Men came up with the mission to make a safest place for women.
The Five Men were engineering students from India ‘s top colleges, IIT and Delhi college of engineering. The friends bounced around ideas and decided that their solution would have to be rooted in technology.
They connected the dots and came up with SAFER in 2014, their senior year of college.
LEAF WEARBLES CO-FOUNDER :-
- Manik Mehta
- Chiraag Kapil
- Ayush Banka
- Paras Batra
- Avinash Bansal
In February 2015, they launched smart jewelry startup Leaf Wearables which are specially-designed pendant, bracelet and key chain is a small circular device called SAFER.
SAFER HAS FOLLOWING FEATURES:-
- When a threat is perceived, the user double clicks the SAFER device that’s attached to the jewelry, which triggers the corresponding app.
- The app sends an alert to the wearer’s network.”They can be family and friends who will get the alert through the app or as an SMS on their phone.
- The app also has a GPS function.which can be your constant companion, You enter your destination and the time you are leaving, and your network can track your movement the entire time.”
- It include a map showing the nearest hospitals and police stations.
- The 22-year-old co-founders has used technology to help to improve women safety.
The Co-founder Mehta of the view that he observed no safety and measures taken for women after so many cases so they debuted their smart jewelry in January.
- There call for action is the incident of 2012 “Nirbhya case”, They got to introduced the idea how can it should be used that every women can use it, “It had to be tied to a mobile phone because most people have one,and most women in India wear jewelry.
- The startup has raised $300,000 through outside investors, prize money and family and friends. The company now has 12 employee.
- The team is happy with the early traction — they’ve already had inquiries from people around the world.
They have already sold almost 5,000 pieces, including 1,000 to customers in Turkey, according to sources.
The goal is to get the jewelry in the hands of 1 million families by the end of 2017 said by Co-founder of Leaf wearables .