CEO :- Mark Hurd
Oracle can be said a champion of network computers.
It was the world’s first software company to develop and deploy 100 percent Internet-enabled enterprise software across its entire product line: database, server, enterprise business applications, and application development and decision support tools.
The all-time leader – PeopleSoft, which Oracle acquired for a heady $10.3 billion way back in 2004.
- Recently it was announced on 28 July 2016 ,Oracle will acquire NetSuite for about $9.3 billion, or $109 per share in an all-cash deal.
- According to the statement made by CEO “ Both Oracle and NetSuite’s cloud service offerings aimed at enterprise customers will continue to operate and “coexist in the marketplace forever,”
- In coming forward years Oracle tends to continue and invest in the engineering and distrution aspects of both the company’s.
- Netsuite is 18- year old and claim a dominant position in the cloud enterprise resource planning (ERP) space, It includes offerings to help businesses track supply and demand, inventory, accounting, customer relationships (CRM) and HR.
- Over the past years The ERP industry has been an active space for M&A and general consolidation.