India has came with a eco friendly and a funky idea ,the first crowdfunded eco-friendly electric bike, Spero, was finally launched in India. The bike has been designed by 38-year-old Coimbatore-based Manikandan who has been working on the project for the past three years. Three models of the bike are set to be released.
Manikandan has been trying to raise money to turn his dream into a reality on fueladream.com,
Fueladream.com a Bengaluru-based crowdfunding platform.
This E-Bike will be available in 3 different models pre-order price in India starts from Rs. 29,900 to Rs. 50,900.
Spero is an electronic eco-friendly bike that can travel about 30 km on a single charge. The more expensive models of the bike can run up to 60 km and 100 km on a single charge. The bike has 5 gears in the electric mode and can do 0-25 kmph in 10 seconds. But the best thing about the e-bike has to be the fact that it charges itself as the rider pedals. Although the battery of the bike comes from Samsung and the motors and tyres from partners in Korea, the rest of the materials sourced to make the bike come from India, making it a healthy mix of the best from both worlds.
E-Bike on a full charge can ride up to 60 KM to 100 KM (depending on model). In just about 10 seconds it can reach 0 to 25 kmph.
- Users can use 5amp socket to charge the Spero E-Bike – or simple ride it, battery will also get charged while pedaling.
- There are 5 gears in electric mode. The 48V battery can be charged from 20% to 80% in about 4 hours.
- The battery comes with 1 year warranty.
Along with that, the funky looking bike also has cruise control, digital speed display and a battery charge indicator.
The Details of the Price :-
Pre-booking is cheaper,
- The MRP price of Spero E30 is Rs. 55,500 (Pre-booking price is Rs. 29,900 for first 20 and Rs. 33900 for next 80 customers),
- Spero E60 MRP price is Rs. 64,800 (pre-booking price is Rs. 34,900 for first 10, Rs. 36,900 for next 25 and Rs. 39,900 for next 15 customers)
- The Spero E100 MRP price is Rs. 84,900 (Pre-booking price is Rs. 47,900 for first 10 and Rs. 50,900 for next 40 customers).
The e-bike has a target set for Rs 30 lakhs on the crowdfunding website with Rs 9.6 lakhs already raised. The bikes will be available for pre-order soon and will range from Rs 29,900 to Rs 50,000.
People who have already funded the project have been provided with the option of purchasing the e-bike through the website itself.
This E-bike is so funky looking and as well as eco-friendly .Hope soon people adopt this E-bike for a better world.