Co-founder:- Monica Gupta
CEO :– Manoj Gupta
In E- commere Industry ,one or another day new online market retailers has stepped in this field .Launched in 2011 ,Craftsvilla is the fastest growing e-commerce industry that sells ethnic apparel, footwear, fashion accessories, beauty products, handcrafted home accessories and other ethnic fashion and lifestyle products.
The company is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Recently on July 27 ,2016 in Mumbai , Craftsvilla is mulling to go public with a $1-billion IPO in the next 18 months.
- The company has so far raised $54.5 million in four rounds from investors Global Founders Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Nexus Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital.
- The Craftsvilla could be the first among Indian e-commerce companies to go for a listing, even as many more e-commerce company such as Flipkart and Snapdeal have been delaying their IPO plans on grounds of not being profitable and several regulatory restrictions.
- According to the sources it is said that “the company is on its track to become profitable next year and double its revenues in the ₹50,000-crore ethnic product market. It also aims to hit $200 million in GMV (gross merchandise value) over the next one year, up from $100 million in 2015.”
The Company tries to Widening the network to many more segments
- Place of Origin is an online marketplace for thnic food iems from across the country has already entered with Craftsvilla .
- CEO Manoj Gupta said “This year, we plan to make one more acquisition in the ayurvedic product space. We will also launch few more interesting categories by the end of this year.”
- According to sources Craftsvilla a leading e-commerce company has attracted over 32,000 sellers and artisans in the last five years and selling about 50 lakh products.
- Gupta attributes the company’s growth to the demand for ethic products and the margins (up to 80 percent) on which these products are sold.
- Th company is planning to expand their marketplace across worldwide and is already operational in Malaysia and Indonesia. The company is also planning to launch a private label and help little-known brands become global players .